Prayers to the Lord I

O Adorable Lord of Compassion! Salutations unto Thee. Give me inner spiritual strength to resist temptation and melt in Thee this ego which is harder than granite or diamond. Let me always be Thy chosen playmate in the wonderful game You play in all the worlds. Let me understand Thy mysterious Lila or sporting. Let me be a perennial channel of Thy sweet love to all Thy children. Utilise my body, the senses and the mind for Thy unhampered play. O hidden Love! O undecaying beauty! Let my soul rest peacefully in Thee for ever and ever.
 
O Light of lights! O shining One! I live for Thee. I behold Thee in the smiles of children, in the tears of the afflicted, in my thoughts, emotions, sentiments, in the morning dew of the Himalayan land-scape and in the rays of the sun. My room is filled with Thy sweet Presence. I eat Thy benign grace in my daily food. I taste Thy radiant love in my daily drink. Thou art the ocean of love and compassion. Let my love for Thee become a roaring flame. Withdraw from me whatever evil there is. Fill my heart with purity, goodness, love and sublime virtues. Make me Immortal.
 
O Lord! Reveal unto me Thy enchanting Form. Make me feel Thy living Presence. Fill my heart with love. Let me merge myself in Thee. Let me walk in the path of righteousness. Cleanse my mind of all evil thoughts. Help me to concentrate my mind on Thy lotus-feet. Embrace me and make me pure. Teach me to be still and enjoy Thy magnificent Vision. Illumine my mind with the light of true Knowledge. Make my stony heart melt and flow towards Thee.