Reminiscence of Swami Brahmananda:
 
I was then living on Baranasi Ghosh Street in Calcutta and visiting the Master regularly. One day I went to in the early afternoon. The Kali temple was closed and the Master was resting after lunch. As soon as I entered his room, he asked me to sit on his bed. He talked for a while and then asked me to massage his feet. I replied: "Sir, excuse me. I can't do that. You were telling me wonderful stories; please continue." Regardless, he asked again: "Look, give me a little massage. You will benefit by serving a holy man." After he had asked me to do this two or three times, I finally touched his feet.
 
Suddenly something miraculous happened that left me dumbfounded. I saw with my open eyes that Mother Kali quickly entered the room in the form of a young girl, seven or eight years old. She encircled the Master's bed a few times, Her anklets making jingling sounds. Then She merged into the Master's body. The Master smiled a little and then said, "You see, you have instantly received the result of serving a holy man.